Nobel Gastroenterology Centre treats individuals with digestive, bowel and liver problems. Our medical team is helmed by Dr Eric Wee and Dr Wang Yu Tien, both of whom are Senior Consultants, specializing in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Nobel Gastroenterology provides a comprehensive range of diagnostic tests spanning the breadth of digestive and liver disorders. These modern devices assist doctors in clinching an accurate diagnosis, even in challenging situations.
Our Gastroenterologists perform both gastroscopy (stomach) and colonoscopy (colon). We also offer advanced endoscopy procedures to patients and other specialists.
Our philosophy at Nobel Gastroenterology Centre is to provide patients with quality and affordable care. We trust that the expertise of our Senior Consultants will provide you with the solutions to your health issues.
Personalised care for your digestive, bowel and liver health
Problems that we commonly treat:
- Diarrhoea and constipation
- Blood in stools, positive stool occult blood test
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Abnormal CEA (cancer marker)
- Abdominal pain and gastric pain
- Indigestion, bloating and acid reflux
- Helicobacter pylori infection
- Pancreas problems and bile duct stones
- Abnormal CA19-9, CA72-4 (cancer markers)
- Hepatitis and abnormal liver blood tests
- Jaundice (elevated bilirubin)
- Elevated AFP (liver cancer marker)
- Viral Hepatitis A, B and C
- Fatty liver disease
- Liver Cirrhosis
Nobel Gastroenterology Centre offers an extensive range of diagnostic tests:
- Urea Breath Test (UBT) for H.pylori infection
- FibroScan for liver disease
- Breath test for Lactose and fructose and maldigestion
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) breath test
- Gastrointestinal motility test (SmartPill)
- Acid reflux pH study
- Small intestine capsule endoscopy
- Colonoscopy and gastroscopy for cancer and polyps
An endoscopy is a procedure which evaluates the digestive tract. This involves inserting a flexible tube with a camera at its end into the stomach or colon.
Our endoscopy centre provides ultra-slim, high-definition endoscopes, ensuring that patients have a comfortable and accurate procedure. We perform the following:
- Gastroscopy, including transnasal gastroscopy
- Enteroscopy of the small intestine
- Endoscopic ultrasound with aspiration
- ERCP for bile duct and pancreas disorders
Dr Wang Yu Tien joins us with nearly 20 years of experience from Singapore General Hospital where he was senior consultant, director of research and a faculty of senior resident training at the department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. He is experienced in managing the full spectrum of gastrointestinal and liver diseases as well as endoscopy. His subspecialty interest is digestive function disorders (e.g. Gastroesophageal Reflux and Irritable Bowel Syndrome). He was also the former director of the Gastrointestinal Function Laboratory at Singapore General Hospital and past Scientific Chairperson of the Gastroenterology Society of Singapore. He has published in top gastroenterology journals and is the current Gastroenterology specialty editor of Singapore Medical Journal.
Dr Eric Wee is a Gastroenterologist who manages all aspects of digestive, bowel and liver conditions. His subspecialty is in advanced endoscopy. Dr Wee is a member of the Royal College of Physician (UK), member of the American Gastroenterology Association (USA), member of the Faculty of Medical Experts (Academy of Medicine) and a fellow of the Academy of Medicine (Singapore). He has held senior appointments such as the Head of the Division of Gastroenterology at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Chairman of the Nutrition workgroup and Associate Program Director of the NHG Gastroenterology Residency Program.